This memorial to those who served in the 26th (New Brunswick) Canadian Infantry Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force, during the First World War was erected by the 26th Battalion Overseas Association initially in Loyalist Plaza. It was moved to the Memorial Park and rededicated on 8 November 1992.
26th New Brunswick Battalion Monument
Saint John, New Brunswick
Notice:
The National Inventory of Canadian Military Memorials is a public, crowd-sourced registry that helps Canadians learn about memorials in their communities. Inclusion in the Inventory does not imply VAC ownership or authority. Responsibility for the care, management, and any changes to a memorial rests with its owning or governing organization.
Inscription
[plaque]
26 NEW BRUNSWICK BATTALION
IN COMMEMORATION
At 11:30 AM on Sunday June 13,
1915, the troopship Caledonia
sailed from here carrying the
26th New Brunswick Battalion
C.E.F. to Europe.
TO THE HONOUR AND GLORY
OF ALL WHO SERVED IN
"THE FIGHTING 26TH"
[plaque]
THIS MONUMENT WAS MOVED
TO THIS SITE FROM
LOYALIST PLAZA BY AUTHORITY
OF THE 26TH BATTALION
OVERSEAS ASSOCIATION AND
ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION
BRANCHES 14 AND 53 AND
REDEDICATED ON
8TH NOVEMBER 1992
Street View
26th New Brunswick Battalion Monument
39 Graham Street
Saint John
New Brunswick
Lat. 45.2874618
Long. -66.035893