The front pew on the left side of St. John’s (Stone) Church has a plaque to indicate that it is the Garrison Officers’ Pew. It was named a Garrison Church in 1824, when the Lieutenant-Governor donated £600 to help defray the cost of building. The church is still used by the military to this day for special church services.
Type
Garrison Officers’ Pew
Saint John, New Brunswick
Notice:
The National Inventory of Canadian Military Memorials is a public, crowd-sourced registry that helps Canadians learn about memorials in their communities. Inclusion in the Inventory does not imply VAC ownership or authority. Responsibility for the care, management, and any changes to a memorial rests with its owning or governing organization.
Street View
Location
Garrison Officers’ Pew
87 Carleton Street
Saint John
New Brunswick
Garrison Officers’ Pew
87 Carleton Street
Saint John
New Brunswick
GPS Coordinates
Lat. 45.2759207
Long. -66.061543
Lat. 45.2759207
Long. -66.061543