Veterans Affairs Canada's website is undergoing maintenance. If you are experiencing any issues, please contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)


The office for access to information and privacy at Veterans Affairs Canada serves the public through its administration of the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act.

Make a request

The ATIP Online Request service is a fast, easy and convenient way to submit a request. You can also use mail or email.

Search previous requests

Search summaries of completed requests to see information provided by the Government of Canada.

Access to information and privacy

Read about both acts and the policy instruments and tools supporting their administration in the Government of Canada.

Contact us

You can contact Veterans Affairs directly about questions regarding the administration of the Access to Information and Privacy acts.

Additional information

Information about Programs and Information Holdings

Formerly known as “InfoSource” this provides information about the functions, programs, activities and related information holdings of government institutions.

Annual Reports

Read the annual reports of the administration of the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act.

Privacy Impact Assessments

These assessments identify potential privacy issues of new or redesigned federal government programs or services.

Information Commissioner

If you submitted a request for information to a federal institution under the Act and you are not satisfied with how it was processed, you may file a complaint with the office of the Information Commissioner.

Privacy Commissioner

The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada provides advice and enforces two federal privacy laws that set out the rules for how federal institutions and certain businesses must handle personal information.

Search for an ATIP coordinator

This list, alphabetized by institution, provides the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the ATIP coordinators in all ATIP offices across the federal government.

How to find service records

To find military service records you must make a request through Library and Archives Canada.

Contact us

If you have any questions about the administration of the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act at Veterans Affairs Canada, please contact us:


1-877-566-8609 (Toll-free)
Local (Charlottetown, PE):
1-833-902-9374 (TTY)


Access to Information and Privacy
Veterans Affairs Canada
PO Box 7700
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8M9