Veterans Affairs Canada's website is undergoing maintenance. If you are experiencing any issues, please contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.


Potential disruption in onsite services at certain locations

Some employees represented by the Public Service Alliance of Canada at the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services’ (CFMWS) Non-Public Funds are in a legal strike position as of 15 January 2024.

Non-Public Funds employees support Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans and their families by delivering various morale and welfare services. They work in retail and food service through the Canadian Forces Exchange System, in financial planning, and in community service, physical fitness and recreation.

Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) services may be impacted at certain locations that are shared with CFMWS personnel. If access to those sites is no longer possible, VAC employees will continue to provide services to Veterans remotely. The impacted locations are at the following Canadian Armed Forces bases:

Quebec: Bagotville, Valcartier, St. Jean

For any questions, please call us at 1-866-522-2122.

Disability pension corrective payment

If you received a Veterans Affairs Canada disability pension or certain related benefits between 2003 and 2010, you are eligible for a corrective payment because of a discrepancy in our calculations during those years. Most payments to recipients are automatic.

However, if:

  • You no longer receive these benefits, or
  • You are the legal representative of the estate of a deceased recipient, and you are legally entitled to inherit the assets of a deceased benefit recipient,

you should apply to receive a corrective payment.

For more information, please visit our Frequently asked questions page or contact us at 1-866-522-2122.